The Weekly 411 (3/11/22)
March 11, 2022 vol. 10
The Weekly 411 gathers all the links added to Kidlit411 each week. To receive this post by email, sign up for our email updates. Are you on Facebook? Join our Kidlit411 group for conversations and camaraderie. This week's illustration is by Julianna Swaney.
Author and Illustrator Spotlights
We are excited to feature author JaNay Brown-Wood and her newest picture book, Miguel's Community Garden, illustrated by Samara Hardy (Peachtree Publishing Company, April 1, 2022).
We are excited to feature illustrator Julianna Swaney and her new picture book, The Garden We Share, by Zoe Tucker (NorthSouth Books) out on March 22! Enter to win a copy.
We are excited to feature author Ann Fraistat and her young adult novel, What We Harvest (Delacorte Press/ Penguin Random House), out on March 15, 2022.
Enter to win a copy!
|over artist: Marcela Bolívar. Designers: Alison Impey and Neil Swaab|
Conferences, Workshops & Retreats
- What: submit your PB, CB, MG, YA, nonfiction, or underrepresented fiction
- Who: SCBWI members
- Prize: works will be presented to hand-selected editors
- What: apply for one of 24 grants for NYC publishing internships in summer 2022
- Who: US citizen or permanent resident who identifies as being from a diverse background
- Award: $3000 internship grant
6 Tips on Writing for Children
Three Ways of Writing for Children and the Key to Authenticity in All Writing
Love these illustrations by Julianna! So whimsical and beautiful! Can't wait to read The Garden We Share! Looks so lovely!ReplyDelete