The Weekly 411 (1/21/22)
|© Jocelyn Li Langrand|
Jan. 21, 2022, vol. 3
The Weekly 411 gathers all the links added to Kidlit411 each week. To receive this post by email, sign up for our email updates. Are you on Facebook? Join our Kidlit411 group for conversations & camaraderie. This week's illustration is by Jocelyn Li Langrand.
We are thrilled to feature author Nicole Collier and her debut middle grade novel, Just Right Jillian (Clarion/Versify), coming out on Feb. 15! Enter to win a copy!
|cover art by Kitt Thomas, design by Mary Claire|
We are thrilled to feature author Alison Marcotte and her debut picture book, Seeking Best Friend, illustrated by Diane Ewen (Beaming Books), out on January 25. Enter to win a copy!
Feb. 2- March 2 Show (Don't Tell) Revision Workshop Join author and developmental editor Anastasia Suen in a four-week workshop with Zoom recordings and a private Facebook group, to delve deeply into showing and not telling in your children's books.
- What: apply for a spot in a seminar with Editorial, Design, Marketing, Production, Manufacturing and Sales people from Scholastic about the publishing industry
- Who: for individuals who identify as Black, indigenous, or people of color (BIPOC)
- When: date of seminar is Feb 28. Apply by Jan. 28.
- What: submit a 200-word or less story for PB, MG or YA audiences to be judged by kid readers
- Prizes: AMA phone calls with agents Kaitlyn Sanchez and Jemiscoe Chambers-Black, manuscript critiques, more
Seeking Best Friend sounds so fun! I can't wait to read it and see how she finds a best friend!ReplyDelete
I always recommend Kidlit411 as the place to go for new writers. I would love to win a copy of Seeking Best Friend. It looks beautiful and I have many nieces and nephews to share it with.ReplyDelete
I can't wait to read Seeking Best Friend!ReplyDelete
Love the image, Jocelyn! Adorable! And some great books as well. :) Thanks, KidLit411!ReplyDelete